The phrase "personal information" refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
1. Information We Collect
- We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other websites of Bestcanvas, [mobile applications,] when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- • Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
• Your photos that you upload on our websites to use our service or place orders for products
• Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
• Username and password for the account you may establish on our websites
• Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
• Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
• Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
• Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
• Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
• Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites
• Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
- • Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)• Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
• URLs that refer visitors to our websites
• Dates and times of visits to our websites
• Information on actions taken on our websites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
• A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
• Search terms that visitors use to reach our websites.
2. How We Use Your Information
- We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- • Register you for membership at our websites, and manage and maintain your account on the websites
• Provide products or services you request
• Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
• Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our websites
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
• Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
• Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
• Publish your testimonials about Bestcanvas, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
• Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
• Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our websites, applications and social media assets
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
• Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our websites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our websites
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
To direct our ad network vendors not to use your data to deliver targeted advertising to you, please contact us at email@example.com
3. With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
4. Your Choices
- You may direct Bestcanvas not to share your personal information with our business partners for those partners' own purposes; however, we must be able to share your personal information with our affiliates involved in the process of handling your orders, with credit card processing companies and our shipping partner.
4.1 Sharing Information with Business Partners
You may direct Bestcanvas not to share your personal information with our business partners for those partners' own purposes; however, we must be able to share your personal information with our affiliates involved in the process of handling your orders, with credit card processing companies and our shipping partner.
4.2 Marketing Emails
If you wish to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we need you to provide a valid email address plus information allowing us to check that you are the owner of the email address provided or that the owner of the email address is in agreement with the receipt of the newsletter. No further Data will be required. We use your personal data to process your order and for our own promotional purposes. You can cancel the use of your personal data for promotional purposes at any time for single instances or overall without any costs except the basic transmission costs. A written note to firstname.lastname@example.org or the contact data provided in the imprint (fax, letter) will suffice for that purpose.
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails.
Marketing Emails (without subscription)
In case you did not disagree in the order process, we will send you product information of BestCanvas, Inc. and their affiliated companies to the provided email address. No further data will be required. We use your personal data to process your order and for our own promotional purposes. You can cancel the use of your personal data for promotional purposes at any time for single instances or overall without any costs except the basic transmission costs. A written note to email@example.com or the contact data provided in the imprint (fax, letter) will suffice for that purpose.
Your personal data will only be used for our internal purposes and will not be forwarded to third party companies other than named above. Our service providers are excluded from this, because your personal data is needed to process your order (e.g. the company delivering your order and the relevant commercial bank commissioning your payment). In these cases, we assure that the use of your data is set to an absolute minimum.
Most browsers allow you to automatically decline cookies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting the transfer of a particular cookie, or cookies from a particular website, to your computer. You can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. You may find more information about opting out of most third-party service cookies at http://www.networkadvertising.org or other related websites. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our websites' features or experience limited or no access or functionality of our services. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
4.4 Targeted Advertising
To opt out of receiving marketing communications through the advertising networks of our ad network vendors, please click here , then click "Select all" on the linked website and press the "Submit" button.
4.5 Web Analytics
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our websites by Google Analytics by clicking here and installing the opt-out app provided at the linked page.
4.6 Geo-Location Information
When you use a Bestcanvas application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device's location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
4.7 Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Bestcanvas has disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties' business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Bestcanvas, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties' business. To submit your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4.8 Access and Correction
You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you. Bestcanvas will make an effort to keep all your personal information up to date when you provide it to us. If any of your personal information changes, or you identify a mistake in our records, or if you wish to change your password, you may update your account information at any time by logging into your account. If you have forgotten your password you can contact us using the link in paragraph 9 ("Contact Us") and we will update your data and reset your password. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Bestcanvas account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our websites. Please note that we will never ask for your account user name or password via email.
If you believe that your interaction with Bestcanvas is no longer secure (for example, if you suspect that the security of your account has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with paragraph 9 ("Contact Us"). Note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.
6. Children's Privacy
- We do not direct our websites to children under the age of thirteen. We require registered users of our website to be at least 18 years old. If we learn that a user is under 18 years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
7. Linked Third Party Websites
8. Changes and Notification
9. Contact Us
- To communicate any questions or concerns to us please use the contact details found at http://www.bestcanvas.ca/imprint/.